EDIT: doing a friending meme, making this entry public so people can gauge my crazy
1. i think i have an infected socket or a dry socket, my dentist cant see me until next week though, so hopefully whatever it is clears up by itself before then, it still doesn't hurt as much as before so i don't reallly care lol, when you start at FUCKING AWFUL PAIN, anything that's kind of twingey is totally ignorable :D
2. i am surprised at the fact that David Boreanaz makes $200,000 per episode and Jane Lynch makes $50,000
but then i think maybe it's cause DB is going into his 6th season and is an absolutely
bankable star and Jane is a relative loose canon having never held up a main role on a high rated show before. but then i think well, angel and buffy never rated terribly high
SO I DON'T KNOW YOU GUYS IT'S COMPLICATED
that list of top and bottom earners always makes me angsty, i want all my peeps to earn the monies you know, i get equal enjoyment from heaps of them dammit!
3. jen is home today hooray! the cats are great, but i can't talk to them :( so woo for no more moderately empty house.
but while she was away i made this:
it's a monkey washcloth for Mannix :D he loves it (and so do his mums) so that's a bonus. i put a little handle on the top so it can slip over the taps too.
a nice quick easy project to do while catching up on all the shows that i watch, that Jen doesn't !
4. in honour of the Tomorrow When The War Began movie coming out soon, i'm re-reading the books
i LOVED this series, and i'm up to book 2 almost at the end again and it turns out that adult-me loves them still
i just love the way that it is written in such a positive way, and that the teenagers are realistic but not stereotyped too much
the author was a high school teacher so i think that really helps him to grasp how adult and yet childlike we are at the end of high school, we're capable of greatness, but it's so rarely required of us that we don't really know it
the characters shine off the pages, and another thing for me is that the places and landscape are actually things i've seen and had seen as a child, i understand knowing and loving a sunburnt valley and creeks that have no bottom in one spot and only come up to your ankle a metre further up. it's beautiful and it's scary and it's truly brilliant.
get your hands of a copy of the series if you can
5. first ever properly organised staff outing tonight, our social club is actually being a social club FINALLY, rather than being the club that half assed organises the christmas party and then has me to all the actual dirty work at the last minute lol
we're going to dinner and then to a comedy club :D yay! and the best bit is it's on my tram line so i can get home easily afterwards!
6. i'm almost caught up with Mad Men FINALLY, i hadn't seen any of s3 and now i've watched it all and the first ones of s4 and it's epic
I LOVE JOAN, I WANT TO BE JOAN well except for the absolute shit head rapist husband, maybe he'll get killed in Vietnam? or injured, i'll settle for a bit of comuppance injury, such an asshole, but WOOHOO for her hitting him with the vase, about time she took her sass home!
this show breaks me, also Don I wish you could see how you ruined your family, but you don't really get it do you? but you're hot anywya and sadly that let's me let you get away with more things than I should, i still love you and will happily be your 2nd/3rd wife